Preface

Ring Ring
Posted originally on the Archive of Our Own at http://archiveofourown.org/works/47402992.

Rating:
General Audiences
Archive Warning:
No Archive Warnings Apply
Category:
M/M, Other
Fandom:
ウウウルトラC | Uuultra C (Visual Novel)
Relationship:
Choutsugai Shirou/Isshiki Suzu
Character:
Choutsugai Shirou, Isshiki Suzu
Additional Tags:
Microfic, Post-Canon
Language:
English
Collections:
Fandom Empire Bingo 2023
Stats:
Published: 2023-05-24 Words: 356 Chapters: 1/1

Ring Ring

Summary

Shirou takes a call from his mother.

Ring Ring

“Photo Studio Reincarnation.”
“Shirou?” A familiar voice rung on the other end of the phone. Shirou’s hand tensed on the receiver, ready to slam it back down but resisting.
“Mother, to what do I owe the pleasure?” Shirou forced a smile, though he doubted that it carried through the line.
“Your brother has a girlfriend.”
“Oh, is that so. Well, I’ll send my congratulations.”
“I want her to have my ring.”

Shirou hung up. It wasn’t the first time she’d called asking for it. She’d accepted that the ring had been lost, only for Isshiki to come back alive and wearing it.

Old crow had had her sights set on it ever since.

Not that he hadn’t considered giving it to her. It was hers. He’d stolen it. But she’d replaced it after it was lost and it wasn’t like the one she had wasn’t good enough to give to his brother. He suspected his father had spent more on it than he had the original.

And he couldn’t ask Isshiki for it back. That ring was practically his knuckle.

He’d be heartbroken giving it up. Even if Shirou got him one worth twice as much, it wouldn’t make up for taking it from him.

“I used to stare at it and think about writing you a letter, but I never knew where to send it. I wanted to tell you my ideas for our wedding. I drew pictures of the dresses I saw in shop windows so you could help pick.”

Sure, his mother had her own feelings about it but they weren’t nearly the same as what it meant to Isshiki.

It was a bad day when he was having to worry about his own family dragging him to court. The court would surely be delighted to see him back.

“I’m home,” Isshiki called in, carrying a bag of snacks for that evening’s clients.
“Welcome home.”

Isshiki dropped the bag on the coffee table and came over, pressing a kiss to his hair as he dropped his coin purse on the desk.

The ring glinted in the light, making Shirou’s heart swell.

His wife…

Afterword

Please drop by the archive and comment to let the author know if you enjoyed their work!